Internal Medicine Residency
Welcome to our website. I believe our program offers a unique training experience; it encompasses an attractive combination of superb academic medical training, top-notch facilities, and a fantastic lifestyle. Highlights include:
- An academic clinical training program at a growing Medical Center.
- Attending staff that are dedicated to balancing the highest standard of clinical care, outstanding teaching and professional growth, and personal fulfillment.
- 95% successful fellowship placement in all IM subspecialties.
- The Leadership and Preventative Medicine Residency Program, utilizing the resources of the Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice, which strives to develop physicians capable of leading change.
- Opportunity to participate in exciting research projects with outstanding faculty members who have internationally recognized research programs.
- A living environment that is conducive to quality family living and an active lifestyle.
I invite you to come learn clinical medicine in an academic center which offers in addition to a quality education, a quality way of life. Hiking the Appalachian Trail, kayaking down the Connecticut River, and cross country/downhill skiing are a few activities a mere 15 minute drive away. Dartmouth College attracts a variety of cultural activities, including theater, film, art, and a wide array of sporting events. The academic community is collegial, friendly, and successful. I invite you to come be a part of our community and share in the excitement of what we have to offer.
Harley P. Friedman, M.D.
Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency