The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Internal Medicine residency program takes pride in its strong educational conference series.
The Department of Medicine offers ten to fifteen hours of educational conferences weekly with numerous other subspecialty, clinical and research conferences. Conferences and reports include:
- Residents' Morning Report 7:30 to 8:30 a.m., Monday through Thursday. The format is case-based with teaching points reviewed at the end. Residents attend during most rotations. The Program Director, Department Chair, and GIM attendings facilitate the learning during this Chief Resident run conference. Morning report combines presentations of resident prepared cases, specific outpatient cases, autopsy conference, and journal club.
- Interns' Report 11:00 am to 12:00 p.m., Thursday. This one-hour "protected time" for all interns is held simultaneously at the VA and at DHMC. The focus of the conference is practical management skills of inpatients and development of an organized approach to evaluation of common medical problems.
- Medical Grand Rounds 8:00 to 9:00 a.m., Friday. Speakers may be invited to DHMC from other institutions or hail from the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth faculty.
- Resident Conference Series 12:30 to 1:15 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. The curriculum follows a two-year cycle covering core topics in general internal medicine, geriatrics, all the medicine subspecialties, and featured topics from other specialties such as rehabilitation medicine, ophthalmology, ENT, and dermatology. Conferences during the first two months of every academic year are geared to providing the interns with the skills needed to manage acute medical problems.
- Intern Boot Camp 11:45 to 12:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. A curriculum specifically focused on intern topics taught by faculty, chief residents, and senior residents.
- Morbidity & Mortality Conference 12:15 to 1:15 p.m., Wednesday. A case-based conference widely regarded by the faculty and residents as our most engaging and thought-provoking conference. Read more about this conference in Dartmouth Medicine.
- Ethics Rounds
- Clinical Pharmacology Rounds
- Radiology Rounds
- Outpatient Didactics
- Program Information
- How to Apply
- Upper Valley
- Contact Us