Kristen N. Ruby, DO
Kristen N. Ruby, DO
- 2016, D.O. Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Erie, Pennsylvania
- 2012, MPH, Columbia University, Mailman School of Public Health, New York, New York
- 2009, B.S., Biology & Society, Cornell University, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Ithaca, New York
Honors and awards
- 2017, Association of Pathology Chairs (APC) Society of ’67 Scholars Travel Award
- 2016, Lake Erie College of Medicine Excellence in Research Award
- 2012, Columbia University, Joseph H. Graziano Award for Academic Excellence
- Emperipolesis May Be Seen in Cutaneous Xanthogranulomas: A Multi-Institutional Observation, Poster, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) Annual Meeting, March, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- Hemangioma with Distinctive Eosinophilic Hyaline Globules: Papillary Hemangioma, Poster, American Society of Dermatopathology (ASDP) Annual Meeting, Baltimore, Maryland, October 2017
- Diagnostic and Prognostic Value of Glucose Transporters in Melanocytic Lesions, Poster, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) Annual Meeting, San Antonio, Texas, March 2017
- Aberrant expression of HMB45 in Halo Nevi, Poster, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) Annual Meeting, San Antonio, Texas, March 2017
- Ruby KN, Perry AE, Linos, K. Expanding the Morphologic Heterogeneity of Stromal Changes in Molluscum Contagiosum Infection. Am J Dermatopathol. 2018 Jan 11. PMID: 29329128
- Ruby K, Falvey K, Kulesza RJ. Abnormal neuronal morphology and neurochemistry in the auditory brainstem of Fmr1 knock out rats. Neuroscience. 2015 Sep 10;303:285-98. PMID: 26166728.
- Stansfield KH, Ruby KN, Soares BD, McGlothan JL, Liu X, Guilarte TR. Early-life lead exposure recapitulates the selective loss of parvalbumin-positive GABAergic interneurons and subcortical dopamine system hyperactivity present in schizophrenia. Transl Psychiatry. 2015 Mar 10;5:e522. PMID: 25756805.
Why I enjoy the pathology program at DHMC
During the search for my ideal pathology residency, I was looking for a well-balanced AP/CP program that offered plenty of research opportunities and had a close-knit feel. Now as a resident at DHMC, I am convinced that this program not only fulfills this but also provides an array of relevant, high-quality didactic conferences and intellectually stimulating case material. Additionally, the department, staff, and residents are friendly and helpful, creating an atmosphere that is ideal for learning. To top it off, DHMC is a beautiful place to work (lots of windows and natural light) and is surrounded by exquisite woods and mountains where I can enjoy the outdoors during free time.
Kristen loves the outdoors, and particularly enjoys camping, hiking and kayaking. Kristen is a New York native, and moved to New Hampshire with her husband, newborn baby, dog and 2 cats. Kristen loves spending time with her family and greatly enjoys being married to a Chef!
- How to Apply
- About the Program
- Our Residents
- Contact Us