Governance of Shared Resources Policy
I. Purpose of Policy
This policy states the responsibility of the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC) to oversee the allocation of resources to Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-accredited training programs in which there are similar or overlapping educational missions.
II. Policy Scope
The policy applies to the Designated Institutional Official and GMEC at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H).
Designated Institutional Official (DIO): The individual in a sponsoring institution who has the authority and responsibility for all of the ACGME-accredited Graduate Medical Education programs.
IV. Policy Statement
- The GMEC is responsible for ensuring that programs have the appropriate access to shared resources.
- If a program is not receiving appropriate access to shared resources the DIO will meet with program leaders to investigate and will report findings and recommended corrective action to the GMEC for review and approval.
- Requests for new ACGME-accredited training programs must include a review of the potential impact the new program may have on existing programs’ limited clinical or other educational resources. The GMEC will give special consideration to existing programs.
D-H Policy ID: 11273
- Table of Contents
- ACGME Competencies
- Eligibility & Selection
- Agreement of Appointment
- Confidential Reporting
- GME Policies
- Academic Improvement Policy
- Affiliation Agreement & Program Letters of Agreement Policy
- Appeal of Disciplinary Action Policy
- Disaster Policy
- Disciplinary Action Policy
- Domestic and International Off-Site Rotation Policy
- Eligibility & Selection Policies
- Evaluation Policy
- Extreme Emergent Situation Policy
- General Grievances Policy
- Governance of Shared Resources Policy
- Inbound Resident Rotators
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Medical Licensing Policy (USMLE) (COMLEX)
- Moonlighting Policy
- Permanent Complement Increase Request
- Program Closure and Reduction Policy
- Resident Agreement of Appointment Policy
- Resident Learning Environment Policy
- Resident Promotion Policy
- Resident Responsibilities Policy
- Resident Stipend Policy
- Resident Supervision Policy
- Resident Transfer Policy
- Restrictive Covenant Policy
- Review, Approval and Signature Policy
- Special Program Review Policy and Protocol
- Time Lost from Residency
- Transitions of Care Policy
- Work Hour Policy
- Institutional Policies