Governance of Shared Resources Policy
I. Purpose of Policy
It is the policy of the Dartmouth Hitchcock (D-H) Office of Graduate Medical Education (GME) and the Graduate Medical Education Committee (GMEC) to assure that appropriate and fair processes govern the allocation of resources to GME programs in which there are similarities or overlaps of educational missions.
II. Policy Scope
The policy applies to all Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME)-accredited D-H residency and fellowship programs.
Resident: Any physician in an accredited graduate medical education program, including interns, residents, and fellows.
Designated Institutional Official: The individual in a sponsoring institution who has the authority and responsibility for all of the ACGME-accredited Graduate Medical Education programs.
IV. Policy Statement
- The GMEC will assure compliance with the appropriate allocation of resources in collaboration with
each Program Director.
- If difficulties in the distribution of resources committed to similar or competing training are reported by
the programs, the Designated Institutional Official (DIO) will meet with program leaders to assess the
distribution and to report these findings to the GMEC, and recommend corrective action.
- In addition, the GMEC will give special consideration to existing programs when a department requests a new program that potentially could compete for limited clinical or other educational resources.
D-H Policy ID: 11273
- Table of Contents
- About GME
- ACGME Competencies
- Eligibility & Selection
- Agreement of Appointment
- Programs & Benefits
- Position Overview
- Confidential Reporting
- GME Policies
- Academic Improvement Policy
- Affiliation Agreement & Program Letters of Agreement Policy
- Appeal of Disciplinary Action Policy
- Disaster Policy
- Disciplinary Action Policy
- Domestic and International Off-Site Rotation Policy
- Duty Hours Policy
- Evaluation Policy
- Extreme Emergent Situation Policy
- General Grievances Policy
- Governance of Shared Resources Policy
- Inbound Resident Rotators
- Leave of Absence Policy
- Medical Licensing (USMLE/COMLEX) Policy
- Moonlighting Policy
- Permanent Complement Increase Request
- Program Closure and Reduction Policy
- Resident Agreement of Appointment Policy
- Resident Learning Environment Policy
- Resident Promotion Policy
- Resident Responsibilities Policy
- Resident Stipend Policy
- Resident Supervision Policy
- Resident Transfer Policy
- Restrictive Covenant Policy
- Review, Approval and Signature Policy
- Special Program Review Policy and Protocol
- Time Lost from Residency
- Transitions of Care Policy
- Institutional Policies