Life in Lebanon and Hanover
The Upper Connecticut River Valley area of central New Hampshire and Vermont includes the towns of Hanover and Lebanon, New Hampshire. Known as "The Upper Valley," this region attracts people from around the world for its scenic beauty and cultural events.
The Upper Valley area offers a wide variety of cultural and recreational activities for people of all ages. Here are just a few of the many activities and facilities available in the region.
- Dartmouth College, located in nearby Hanover, New Hampshire, is the cultural and scholarly epicenter of northern New England.
- The Hood Museum of Art and the Hopkins Center for the Arts, located in Hanover, New Hampshire, bring regular exhibits and live performances to the area.
- The Lebanon Opera House in Lebanon, New Hampshire offers world-class music and theater.
- The Northern Stage Theatre in White River Junction, Vermont
- Pentangle Arts Council brings live performances to Woodstock, VT
- Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site in Cornish, NH
- AVA Gallery and Art Center and League of NH Craftsmen offer art exhibits and educational programs.
- The Dartmouth Skiway - Lyme, NH
- Suicide Six ski area - Woodstock, VT
- Ascutney Mountain Resort - Brownsville, VT
- Whaleback Mountain - Enfield, NH
- Union Arena indoor sports arena and skating rink in Woodstock, VT
- Upper Valley Aquatic Center
- Upper Valley Trails Alliance
Activities for families
- Vermont Institute of Natural Science (VINS) - Quechee, VT
- Montshire Museum of Science - Norwich, Vermont
- Valley Quest
- Quechee Hot Air Balloon Festival takes place each June in Quechee, VT
- Apple and berry picking opportunities include Poverty Lane Orchards, Edgewater Farm, Wellwood Orchards, and many more.