How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in the Adult Psychiatry Residency Program at Dartmouth-Hitchcock. Applications for PGY-1 positions will be accepted through ERAS beginning September 1, 2020 for the 2021 NRMP Match. In order to receive full consideration, all applications must be received no later than November 1, 2020.
In order to apply you will need the following:
- Completed ERAS application form
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical School Dean’s Letter
- USMLE Scores – We do not have a minimum score requirement.
If you are an international medical school graduate, please refer to the below for common questions from IMG’s:
- Do you accept IMG's? YES
- Do you have any IMG’s currently in your program? NO
- Do I need a valid ECFMG Certificate at the time of application? YES
- Do you sponsor visas? YES, J1 Visas only.
- Do you require U.S. clinical experience? No, but it is preferred.
- Do you have a minimum USMLE score requirement? No, please see above.
- Do you have a graduation year cut-off? No.
- Do you offer externships? No, unfortunately our department cannot accommodate any observerships/externships.
Thank you and best wishes in the upcoming recruitment season!
New England Psychiatry Virtual Residency Fair
The American Association of Directors of Residency Training (AADPRT) will be hosting a virtual psychiatry residency fair showcasing a number of New England Psychiatry programs, Including Dartmouth-Hitchcock, on Tuesday, October 20, 2020 from 6:30 - 8:00 pm Eastern Time. Representatives from the following programs will be available to answer your questions:
- Institute of Living/Hartford Hospital
- University of Vermont Medical Center
- Boston Medical Center
- Harvard South Shore
- Maine Medical Center General Psychiatry Residency
- UMASS Psych/Child Psych Integrated Program
- UMASS General Psychiatry Program
- Brown Psychiatry
- Yale Adult Psychiatry
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Harvard
We will be meeting over Zoom, and plan to have separate breakout rooms for each program. We will have participants rotate rooms every 15-20 minutes.
Please register for this event.
Please feel free to contact Christine Wittmann with any questions.