Post Graduate Year 4
Elective and Longitudinal Outpatient Rotations
- Outpatient Psychiatry: Psychopharmacology Clinic (0.5 days/week at DHMC or VA)
- Each resident develops his/her own individualized plan for the PGY4 year with the guidance and approval of Faculty (popular electives listed below):
- Senior Resident Team Leader on Inpatient Psychiatry Service
- Outpatient Clinics: Geropsychiatry, HIV, Psychoendocrinology, Neuropsychiatry, Buprenorphine, Sleep Disorders, Primary Care Psychiatry, Women's Mental Health
- Dartmouth College Student Mental Health Rotation
- Research Project
- New Hampshire Hospital Inpatient Psychiatry Senior Resident Team Leader
- Other Electives are Possible, Depending on Resident Interests.
Goals and Objectives for the PGY 4 Year
Goals: Residents should complete any remediation of goals and objectives not completed or not completed satisfactorily for PGY 1, PGY 2, or PGY 3. In addition, they will develop specific skills in leading a team and teaching psychiatry. Residents will develop advanced skills and knowledge in additional areas of their interest.
- Residents will care for patients in an indirect role as senior resident on the inpatient unit.
- Residents will develop advanced clinical skill in areas of their own interest.
- Residents shall acquire advanced knowledge in areas of their specific interest.
Practice Based Knowledge and Improvement:
- Residents will be expected to obtain, evaluate, and utilize evidence from the scientific literature to inform their patient care.
Interpersonal and Communication Skills:
- Residents will demonstrate the ability to lead a clinical team.
- Residents will show ability to teach psychiatric knowledge to others.
- Residents will demonstrate professionalism at all times on this rotation including professional dress, professional attitude toward other staff, ethical behavior, and general standards of physician behavior.
- Welcome from the Program Leadership
- Current Residents
- Program Graduates
- Program Highlights
- Resident Well-Being
- How to Apply
- Contact Us