Planning Your Visit
If you will be joining us for an interview, please find some hotel and travel information below to help with planning your visit.
Approximate driving times (in good weather) from nearby airports are listed below.
|Manchester, New Hampshire (MHT)||1-1/2 hours (75 miles)|
|Boston Logan Airport (BOS)||3 hours (135 miles)|
|Hartford, Connecticut (BDL)||2-1/2 hours (155 miles)|
|Burlington, Vermont (BTV)||2 hours (95 miles)|
|Lebanon, New Hampshire (LEB)||10 minutes (limited number of flights) (6.5 miles)|
We have a small local airport in Lebanon, but it is often more expensive than flying into one of the other larger airports in the region. At times it may be possible to find a comparable rate (when taking into account the costs associated with travel here from the larger airports), but due to our unpredictable New England weather patterns, we strongly discourage you from selecting the Lebanon Airport.
There are three larger airports within approximately 1.5 to 2.5 hours driving distance from DHMC.
Other transportation options
|This bus service runs between Boston's Logan Airport and Hanover, NH. You can reach the Dartmouth Coach office at (603) 448-2800 (in New Hampshire) or (800) 637-0123 (outside New Hampshire). Normal business hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm EST, Monday through Friday. The answering service will provide limited information during non-business hours. Reservations are not accepted. Additional information is available on the Dartmouth Coach website.|
|AT is a free public commuter bus service covering towns in the Upper Valley area including Hanover, Lebanon, West Lebanon, Enfield and Canaan in New Hampshire and White River Junction, Norwich, Wilder, and Hartford Village in Vermont. Service hours vary by destination, but generally run from 6:00 am until 6:45 pm Monday through Friday with no service on the weekends. Call (802) 295-1824 for schedule and route information or visit their website.|
|Amtrak||Call (800) USA-RAIL for schedule and price information or visit their website.|
|Lodging Facility||City/Town||Phone Number||Miles from DHMC|
|Baymont Inn & Suites||West Lebanon, NH||(603) 298‐8888||7|
|Comfort Inn||White River Junction, VT||(802) 295‐3051||9|
|Courtyard by Marriott||Lebanon, NH||(603) 643‐5600||1|
|Quality Inn||Lebanon, NH||(603) 448‐5070||2|
|Element||Lebanon, NH||(844) 282-3892||1|
|Fireside Inn and Suites||West Lebanon, NH||(603) 298‐5906||6|
|Hampton Inn||White River Junction, VT||(802) 296‐2800||9|
|Hanover Inn||Hanover, NH||(603) 643‐4300||3|
|Hilton Garden Inn||Lebanon, NH||(603) 448-3300||2|
|Holiday Inn Express & Suites||White River Junction, VT||(802) 299‐2700||9|
|Marriott Residence Inn||Lebanon, NH||(603) 643‐4511||1|
|Norwich Inn||Norwich, VT||(802) 649‐1143||5|
|Six South Street||Hanover, NH||(603) 643-0600||3|
|Sunset Motor Inn||West Lebanon, NH||(603) 298‐8721||5|
|Super 8 Motel||White River Junction, VT||(802) 295‐7577||9|
|Trumbull House B & B||Hanover, NH||(603) 643‐2370||3|
The four hotels that are in the closest proximity to the hospital are:
- Marriott Residence Inn
- The Courtyard by Marriott - Both Marriott hotels offer a complimentary shuttle service that could provide transportation to/from DHMC and/or the Dartmouth Coach Lebanon stop or other nearby locations (please contact them directly to confirm this and make arrangements). We would not recommend walking to DHMC from these hotels, as you have to cross a busy road and there is no sidewalk access.
- The Element - From their Facebook page: “You need more than a place to stay - you need a place to thrive. Element Hanover-Lebanon surrounds guests with clean design and open spaces. Our Hanover, New Hampshire hotel features everything needed for our guests to feel alive and balanced, such as Rise, complimentary breakfast buffet to start your day off right, Motion, fitness center, and more.”
- The Hanover Inn - The Hanover Inn is the longest continually operating inn in New Hampshire, and the only property on the Dartmouth College campus. They offer complimentary wireless internet, a fitness center and room service as well as a restaurant and bar on site. You can catch the Advance Transit bus “Blue Route” at the Dartmouth Bookstore around the corner from the Inn with drop offs at the DHMC East and Cancer Center entrances.
Other options in the nearby area:
- The Hilton Garden Inn - Located in Lebanon, NH, they are within convenient distance to DHMC. The feature an on-site full service restaurant, fitness center, and pool.
- The Quality Inn - This is a less costly option that is less than 2mi from DHMC. There is no shuttle service to DHMC.
- The Fireside Inn - Located in West Lebanon, NH, (about 8 miles from DHMC). They are conveniently located off of Interstate 89.
- Six South Street Hotel - Located in Hanover, NH, this hotel is within easy walking distance to numerous restaurants, shopping boutiques, movie theater, Dartmouth College’s campus, and much more. Make sure to ask for a residency discount, often offered Mondays-Thursdays.
For directions to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, please visit our Locations & Directions page. When you arrive at D-H, you have two options of parking: Lot 9 (PDF) (Shuttles from Lot 9 run approximately every 5-7 minutes, please get off the shuttle bus at the East Entrance) or the parking garage (could you link attached map) on site. If you park in the parking garage, please park on the top deck (or the highest level possible.) From the parking garage, take the elevator to the 4th floor to enter the hospital.
Once inside the medical center, the Department of Psychiatry is located on the 5th floor in Reception Area 5-D (could you link your map?). Please check in at the front desk when you arrive.
Also, if you will not have a vehicle, Advance Transit is a local bus line that stops at or near many of the hotels and motels in the area. Their service is usually limited to normal business hours.
We hope that this information helps you plan your trip to the Upper Valley and Dartmouth-Hitchcock!