The following is a list of criteria that the Program Director will use to determine advancement and graduation. For each level of advancement, continued satisfactory performance with prior advancement goals is implied.
For All Levels of Advancement, Each House Officer Shall:
- Attend 60% of all required conferences.
- Follow all aspects of the DHMC Code of Professional Conduct, as described in the GME Red Book.
- Demonstrate appropriate, regular use of the medical literature to expand knowledge base and improve patient care.
- Demonstrate professional and effective interactions with all hospital staff, patients, colleagues, faculty, and students.
- Demonstrate effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Ensure timely and legible records in inpatient and ambulatory settings.
- Demonstrate adequate self assessment, acceptance of criticism, and responsibility for own actions.
- Identify gaps in knowledge, awareness of personal limitations, and ask for help when appropriate.
- Demonstrate respect, compassion, honesty, and integrity.
- Be free of impairment related to substance abuse.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date procedure log, and comply with required evaluations of the program and faculty.
- Obtain certification in BLS and ACLS.
For Graduation, Each House Officer Shall:
- Successfully complete all rotations, and meet program standards in all 6 Competencies.
- Perform independently in the practice of inpatient and outpatient CCEP, including diagnostic/interventional procedures in the Electrophysiology Laboratory.
- Apply an evidence based approach to complex clinical problems.
- Perform effectively as a consultant in CCEP.
- Successfully complete an academic research project, suitable for publication, to the satisfaction of the Program Director.