The broad objectives of the Critical Care Medicine fellowship at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC) include:
- Understanding the physiology and pathophysiology of critical illness.
- Acquisition of the procedural skills necessary for the care of the critically ill.
- Understanding the administrative aspects of Intensive Care Unit management.
- Understanding ethical and legal aspects of critical care.
- Understanding research design and data interpretation.
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates are eligible for certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) in the subspecialty of Critical Care Medicine.