How to Apply
- Applications are due November 1.
- We participate in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Paper applications will not be accepted.
- We offer three three-year positions per year.
- Candidates selected for interview typically have a score of 80 percent or higher on the USMLE Step I and Step II and a transcript indicating outstanding performance in the first three years of medical school. Letters of recommendations must be strong. Final selections for interview will be made by the program director, in consultation with the faculty. Those selected to interview are scheduled to attend our weekly didactic teaching day, interview with the faculty and spend some time with current residents. This takes a full day. We typically interview 16 to 20 applicants on our interview days.
- Current CV
- Current Visa
- Personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation, which must be current
- Those who have graduated from medical school and have been enrolled in a graduate medical education training program must also have a letter of recommendation from the program director of their internship or residency. IMGs must have some U.S. experience to be able to evaluate them comparatively. All IMGs must also have an appropriate J1 visa to be eligible for entry into our program. Only complete application packets will be reviewed.
- Special note for foreign national physicians: you must have a currently valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) to be eligible for application to a GME-accredited clinical training program. Click here for more information about services available through the ECFMG.
Download a copy of the GME Residency Program Eligibility Requirements (PDF).