Picture Archive and Communication System (PACS)
Recent accomplishments include:
- Extension of our RIS and PACS to the Hitchcock Clinic facilities in southern New Hampshire, Cheshire, Alice Peck Day Hospital, and New London Hospital.
- Implementation of a system to effectively upload, store and integrate patient studies from outside institutions conveyed to us on with or without CD or DVD.
Hospitals and Health Networks magazine ranks us among the nation's "most wired" hospitals—a recognition of the ongoing institutional commitment to informatics, toward which the Radiology RIS/PACS team remains a key contributor.
The department relies on software systems provided by various developers and systems manufacturers, which include:
- Epic Radiant
- Radimetrics Dose monitoring software to determine optimal operationally as well protocol enhancement to reduce patient dose in CT. We plan to implement in other modalities in the near future.
- Philips iSite PACS
- 3D and post-processing systems including GE Advantage Workstation (AWW)
- Visage Imaging
- Vital Images
- Prism Clinical Imaging (for fMRI)
- AS Software for structured reporting
- SpaceTrax interventional inventory management