The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Residency Program is committed to the wellness of our residents.
Emergency residency program benefits
In addition to the standard benefits offered by GME, our program offers:
- Resident-centric scheduling, maximizing vacation preferences
- Holiday time off over Christmas or New Year’s
- Resident Retreat - Annual off-site overnight retreat offers the opportunity for residents to spend time together in a non-clinical setting. Recent locations have included Ragged Mountain and the Dartmouth Skiway. Residents are released from all clinical obligations for at least 24 hours.
The program covers expenses for resident attendance at a variety of conferences.
- The Difficult Airway course (PGY2)
- Vermont Emergency Medicine Update, Stowe, VT (PGY1)
- SAEM New England Regional Meeting (PGY2)
- ACEP Scientific Assembly (PGY3)
- Center for Rural Emergency Services and Trauma Annual Symposium at Dartmouth (all residents) – Annual conference that focuses on practical skills and clinical skills for emergency care providers with the goal of improving the care of rural patients.
- Managing Medical Emergencies at Dartmouth (all residents) – Annual conference during which internal and regional EM faculty present cutting-edge topics and cases relevant to EM practice.
- The program will support resident presentation at additional conferences to present research or other projects as opportunities arise.
- Board review support including ROSH Review access
- Laptops for resident use
- Monthly social gatherings organized by EM Chief Residents
- Program Leadership
- Program Information
- Our Residents
- Visiting Rotations/Sub-Internship
- Emergency Ultrasound Fellowship
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Living in New Hampshire
- Related Links
- How to Apply
- Contact Us