How to Apply
Application deadline: November 1
We accept applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We do not accept any paper applications.
Our interview season occurs November through January. A personal interview is a required part of the application process. During the interview visit, applicants will have the opportunity to meet with faculty, residents and the program director.
We have six positions available each year. The residency begins on June 26 with GME orientation a week prior.
- ERAS application, which should include:
- CV (the ERAS-generated CV is acceptable)
- Personal statement
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean's letter
- A Department of Emergency Medicine recommendation letter (SLOR or SLOE; >1 preferred) Two additional letters of recommendation
- USMLE/COMLEX Examinations: Applicants must have passed Steps 1, 2 (Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills) of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (“USMLE”) or COMLEX equivalent.
- Note: A photograph is not required for application
We anticipate receiving approximately 500 applications. Invitations will be sent out on a rolling basis throughout the interview season. Our first invitations will go out at noon on Thursday, October 12th, 2017.
Dartmouth Emergency Medicine participates in the National Residency Matching Program.