DHMC and Local Area Introduction for Interviewing Fellows
Welcome to Dartmouth-Hitchcock
We have everything that you would expect a major academic center to have, from inpatient wards, outpatient clinics, to a cardiac Cath lab. Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center is a beautiful institution and provides a welcoming collegial atmosphere.
Every Tuesday the Psychiatry department hosts Grand Rounds for all of its sections. Psychiatry also hosts a department wide Journal Club at noon on Fridays. When meeting in person for Journal Club, Psychiatry hosts a light lunch. In addition to these, a directed reading syllabus of curated, original source references, covering the gamut from seminal articles in the field to reports of cutting edge research. All have been selected to stay up to date and to stimulate discussion about what makes both geriatric patients and our sub-specialty’s approach to evaluating and treating them different.
Leadership Preventive Medicine Residency (LPMR)
- Builds on TDI strengths in outcomes research, improvement, population health and institutional commitment to quality, safety, and value
- MPH degree from TDI – tuition paid by program!
- Opportunity to lead change and improvement at DHMC
- Two month governmental public health experience
- Dedicated faculty coach; teaching opportunities; unique multi-specialty resident/fellow/faculty group
- May incorporate research in one year of program (3 + 1)
- continue clinical work
- moonlighting allowed
- Graduates are in demand and employers are very interested in their mix of clinical skills plus improvement and change knowledge and experience
- Visit the LPMR web page, email email@example.com or contact an alum to learn more!
Working at Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Orientation, simulation and skills labs
DHMC has a Patient Safety Training Center, also known as the "Sim Center."
There are skills labs, including suturing, laparoscopic and robotics training. The department participates in simulation and also has annual anatomic dissection at the cadaver lab at the Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth.
Match communication code of conduct
We follow the NRMP guidelines for the Match process. We will not contact you but are happy to hear from you and to answer questions you may have that are not answered during the application and interview process.
Life in the Upper Valley
The Upper Connecticut River Valley area of central New Hampshire and Vermont includes the towns of Hanover and Lebanon, New Hampshire. Known as "The Upper Valley," this region attracts people from around the world for its scenic beauty.
The Upper Valley area offers a wide variety of cultural and recreational activities for people of all ages.