About the Interview Day
- Our interview day begins at 7:15 a.m. Candidates start the day with a light breakfast, meet the Program Director and program staff, and attend Morning Report.
- This is followed by a one-hour interview with a member of the Intern Selection Committee and a resident-guided tour of DHMC facilities.
- Following lunch with the residents, candidates attend either a Noon conference (Mondays) or M&M Conference (Wednesdays).
- There is a Summary Session with program leaders at the end of the day. The day normally concludes around 2:00 p.m.
- There is an optional Primary Care Track (PCT) Session from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. for those who would like to learn more about the primary care track (you do not need to be applying to the PCT to attend).
- There is also time at the end of the day for candidates to meet with the program director individually for 10-15 minutes.
- Candidates are encouraged to join the staff for dinner the evening prior to the interview day. This informal gathering at a local restaurant provides candidates an opportunity to learn about the program and community from current residents and their significant others. Dress is business casual.
- If you are invited to interview and have an interest in a certain subspecialty (i.e., Hem/Onc, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Rheumatology, etc.), please let us know when you call to set up your interview, and every effort will be made to have you meet a faculty member in that subspecialty.
- If you are interested in the Leadership Preventive Medicine Residency (LPMR) program, please let us know when setting up your interview and every effort will be made to have you meet someone from that program.
Post Interview Communication / Second Visits
- Our program adheres to the Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine Guidelines on Post Interview Communication.
- Second visits to our residency program can be arranged individually through the Program Administrator. However, they are not required in order to be considered for an Internal Medicine Residency position.