Primary Care Track Program Overview
The PCT offers four PGY-1 positions each year under a unique match number.
- Balance and integrate outpatient and inpatient training (including full intensive care unit experiences).
- Focus on skills and resources needed to efficiently and effectively use medical evidence in clinical problem solving.
- Emphasize longitudinal and community-based ambulatory care learning with special opportunities in underserved settings throughout the region.
- Increase ambulatory elective experiences in traditional medical specialties.
- Expand electives in critical non-medical specialties (e.g. Orthopedics, ENT, Ophthalmology, Women's Health, Occupational Medicine).
Residents in the Primary Care Track are closely integrated with the Categorical Track and share many of the same educational objectives and opportunities. PCT residents participate in the overall Residency's comprehensive curriculum including all conferences and retreats, and work alongside categorical residents in all their inpatient rotations.
- Program Information
- Program Highlights
- Clinical Training
- Educational Conferences
- Morning Report
- Fellowship and Career Advancement
- Leadership and Preventive Medicine
- Visiting Student Rotations
- Categorical Track
- Primary Care Track
- Preliminary Year
- Our Residents
- How to Apply
- Upper Valley
- Contact Us