How to Apply
Fellowships begin the second Monday in July of each year. We participate in the all –in NRMP Nephrology subspecialty match. We accept applications on an individual basis after the match day.
- We generally have two fellowship openings each year in our section.
- We accept applications from July through October through ERAS.
- After receipt of all required documentation, qualified candidates will be invited for an on-campus interview. The interview will include the opportunity to attend an educational session, personal interviews with faculty members, and interaction with current fellows.
- Applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
- We participate in the Nephrology Fellowship Match through NRMP.
- Nephrology Fellowship candidates must be graduates of an LCME accredited medical school, have completed an accredited Internal Medicine residency, and be board eligible in Internal Medicine per ABIM guidelines.
- Non-US citizens must have a currently valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) to be eligible for application to a GME-accredited clinical training program.
- You must be board-eligible in Internal Medicine.
- We do not have a USMLE score requirement but you must have passed the exam.
Your application must include:
- ERAS standard application
- A personal statement
- Medical school dean's letter
- Medical school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Valid Standard ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- Proof you passed USMLE or COMLEX Steps 1 and 2