How to Apply
Fellowships begin the second Monday in July of each year.
- We generally have two fellowship openings each year in our section.
- We accept applications from July through October.
- After receipt of all required documentation, qualified candidates will be invited for an on-campus interview. The interview will include the opportunity to attend an educational session, personal interviews with faculty members, and interaction with current fellows.
- Applications must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
- We participate in the Nephrology Fellowship Match through NRMP.
- Nephrology Fellowship candidates must be graduates of an LCME accredited medical school, have completed an accredited Internal Medicine residency, and be board eligible in Internal Medicine per ABIM guidelines.
- Non-US citizens must have a currently valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) to be eligible for application to a GME-accredited clinical training program.
- You must be board-eligible in Internal Medicine.
- We do not have a USMLE score requirement but you must have passed the exam.
Your application must include:
- ERAS standard application
- A personal statement
- Medical school dean's letter
- Medical school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Valid Standard ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- Proof you passed USMLE or COMLEX Steps 1 and 2