How to Apply
- December 1
- Candidates apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- You must also register with the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP).
- Fridays starting mid-October through the end of January.
Due to the delay in ERAS opening, for the 2020-21 interview season, interviews will be held on Fridays starting in early November through early February.
- We have four (4) four-year Categorical positions available per year.
ERAS application, which should include:
- CV (the ERAS-generated CV is acceptable)
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- Dean's letter
- USMLE/COMLEX examinations: Applicants must have passed Steps 1, 2 (Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills) of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (“USMLE”) or COMLEX equivalent.
- USMLE scores
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation, preferably at least one from a neurology rotation
- Extracurricular interests
Note: A photograph is not required for application.
For the 2020-21 interview season, we are switching to a virtual interview process due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
You will have virtual interviews with the Neurology Program Director and Associate Program Director as well as some of the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Neurology faculty. All applicants will also be able to access information on the guaranteed preliminary year spot, which will be provided by the Department of Internal Medicine. You do not need to apply to their program separately as we will share your ERAS application with their office.
Match Communication Code of Conduct
We follow the NRMP guidelines for the Match process. We will not contact you but are happy to hear from you and to answer questions you may have that are not answered during the application and interview process.
Benefits and policies
For an overview of benefits available to residents, please visit the Resident/Fellow Benefits page.
The Resident and Fellow Policy and Procedure Manual outlines all basic institutional regulations governing residency and fellowship positions within Dartmouth-Hitchcock and is considered part of the Resident/Fellow Agreement of Appointment.
Please read the following important GME policies before your interview: