How to Apply
- October 1
- We only accept applications through the Electronic Residency Application Services (ERAS). We do not accept any paper, faxed, or emailed applications.
- We have 4 four-year categorical positions available each year.
We have a total of six interview days spread throughout the months of October through January. After reviewing candidate applications we will send out invitations to interview on October 19. Applicants who interview for a position in our program are encouraged to join the residents/fellows for a virtual meet and greet the evening prior to their interview day.
Along with your ERAS Common Application Form, please include:
- Your Personal Statement
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- USMLE scores (successful completion of Step 1 and Step 2 CK is required for NH licensure and therefore, ranking)
- An Official Transcript from the applicant's Medical School
- ECFMG Report and Certificate for international medical graduates (this includes U.S. applicants attending medical schools outside of the U.S. as well as non-U.S. citizens applying from non-U.S. medical schools). In order to participate in an accredited Graduate Medical Education clinical training program at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, foreign national physicians must seek ECFMG sponsorship as a J-1 exchange visitor.
- Please be sure to read our Frequently Asked Questions for further details on application requirements.
Each year we receive over 500 applications, and send out approximately 72 interview invitations beginning in October.
We participate in the National Residency Matching Program.