Who We Are
Many of our faculty have international reputations in their specialties. All faculty are board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery, and each brings experience and fellowship training, dedication teaching, patient care and improvement of provision of health care to their various sub-specialties.
- Dr. David Jevsevar became the Chairman in the past year. He is leading the group in the definition and provision of quality sustainable Orthopaedic health care to a population.
- Dr. James Weinstein has done extensive research in spine patient outcomes and has served as first chairman of the Department of Orthopaedics and Director of The Dartmouth Institute.
- Dr. Michael Sparks is leading the Orthopaedic Section while Dr. Kevin McGuire has just joined leading at the spine center.
- Dr. Marcus Coe has joined Dr. Charlie Carr in supporting and advancing the residency with sustaining a progressive program and moving it forward.
- Dr. James Heckman is an Adjunct Professor of Orthopaedics and former Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. He acts as an assistant research director for our residency training program. Dr. Eric Henderson acts as the research director.
- Dr. Michael Mayor and Dr. John Collier have overseen one of the most comprehensive joint arthroplasty labs in the world at the Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth. Dr. Doug Van Citters now has oversight.