Who We Are
Many of our faculty have international reputations in their specialties. All faculty are board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery, and each brings experience and fellowship training, dedication teaching, patient care and improvement of provision of health care to their various sub-specialties.
- Dr. David Jevsevar became the Chairman in 2015. He is leading the group in the definition and provision of quality sustainable Orthopaedic health care to our regional population.
- Dr. James Weinstein who has done extensive research in spine patient outcomes and has served as the first chairman of the Department of Orthopaedics and Director of The Dartmouth Institute has recently retired.
- Dr. Michael Sparks is leading the Orthopaedic Section while Dr. Kevin McGuire is director of our internationally recognized spine center.
- Dr. Marcus Coe, Associate Program Director, has joined Dr. Charlie Carr, Program Director, in supporting and advancing the residency with sustaining a progressive program and moving it forward.
- Dr. James Heckman is an Adjunct Professor of Orthopaedics and former Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. He acts as an assistant research director for our residency training program. Dr. Eric Henderson acts as the research director for the residency. Dr. Vincent Pellegrini recently joined the department and will serve as the vice-chair of research for the department.
- Dr. Michael Mayor and Dr. John Collier have overseen one of the most comprehensive joint arthroplasty labs in the world at the Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth. Dr. Doug Van Citters now oversees the arthroplasty retrieval lab.