Alexander M. Strait, MD
- 2016, M.D., University at Buffalo State University of New York School of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo, New York
- 2010, B.S., Medicinal Chemistry/General Chemistry, SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
- MSI Status in Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma: A Pilot Study of a New England Cohort, Poster, Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP) Annual Meeting, San Antonio, Texas, November, 2018
- Age-related prevalence of inorganic microparticles in terminal ileal biopsies, Poster, College of American Pathologists (CAP) Annual Meeting, Washington DC, October, 2017
- Shee K, Strait AM, Liu X. Biomarkers to diagnose metastatic breast carcinoma to the pancreas: A case report and update. Diagn Cytopathol. 2019 May 14. PMID: 31087784
- Strait AM, Sharma N, Tsapakos MJ, Vaickus LJ, Liu X. Pancreatic mixed acinar-neuroendocrine carcinoma, a unique diagnostic challenge on FNA cytology: A small series of two cases with literature review. Diagn Cytopathol. 2018 Oct 3. PMID: 30284406
- Strait AM, Brackett CD, Ornstein DL. A Thorny Finding: Unexpected Acanthocytosis in an Elderly Patient. Clin Chem. 2018 Sep;64(9):1410-1411. PMID: 30154201
Why I enjoy the pathology program at DHMC
I chose to enter into pathology not simply because I enjoy the work or necessarily because the field affords an excellent work-life balance. I also chose pathology because of the amazingly gifted, friendly, and happy people with whom I've had the great good fortune to work. The Pathology Department here at DHMC is no exception. The folks here are committed to creating and maintaining a positive, cogent, and efficient learning environment where residents can flourish. There's not a doubt in my mind that I will receive top-level training, achieve my professional aspirations, and thoroughly enjoy doing so in this unique, beautiful hospital. I'm excited and exceedingly grateful to join such a phenomenal team of remarkable individuals!
Born and raised in Corning, NY, Alex spent roughly a decade living in Buffalo, NY where he completed his undergraduate and medical degrees. He holds a deep respect and fascination for the natural world, enjoying hiking, biking, birdwatching, snowboarding, gardening, and simply being outside. Feeling right at home among the forested mountains, lakes, and streams of the Upper Valley, Alex plans to keep exploring the NH/VT area in search of new trails, new brews, and new friends...that is, when he's not at the gross bench.
- How to Apply
- About the Program
- Our Residents
- Contact Us