Amin Hedayat, MD
Amin Hedayat, MD
- 2014, M.D. St. George's University, Great River, NY
- 2006, B.S. Biological Sciences (Neurobiology), University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California
Honors and awards
- 2015, Physician in Training Award for Oral Abstract Presentation, American Society of Dermatopathology (ASDP)
- Compound aberrations in BAPI-deficient nevi, a potential diagnostic pitfall, Poster, American Society of Dermatopathology (ASDP), Baltimore, Maryland, October, 2017
- Assessing the Clinical Utility of Expanded vs. Small Targeted Solid Tumor NGS Panels, Poster, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) Annual Meeting, San Antonio, Texas, March, 2017
- Is There a Clinically Distinct Subset of Marginal Zone B-cell Lymphomas with Epidermotropism? A Case Report and Review of the Literature, Platform, 17th Annual Duel in Dermatopathology Resident Completion, American Society of Dermatopathology (ASDP), Chicago, Illinois, October, 2016
- An Unusual Presentation of Primary Cutaneous Lymphomatoid Granulomatosis, Poster, American Society of Dermatopathology (ASDP), Chicago, Illinois, October, 2016
- IgG4 Response and Autoimmune Pancreatitis with Intraductal Papillary-Mucinous Neoplasms, Poster, College of American Pathologists (CAP) Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, Nevada, September, 2016
- Prognostic significance of isolated immunohistochemical positive cells and metastatic tumor burden in sentinel lymph nodes from melanoma patients, Platform, Clinical and Experimental Dermatology International Conference, Chicago, Illinois, May, 2016
- Atypical apocrine tumor of anogenital mammary-like glands presenting in Cowden syndrome: A novel association?, Platform, International Society of Dermatopathology (ISDP) Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California, March, 2016
- Low-Dose Methotrexate Toxicity Presenting As Cutaneous Stevens - Johnson syndrome and Pancytopenia, American College of Physicians, Boston, Massachusetts, October, 2015
- Analysis of Copy Number Variation in Melanoma versus Benign Lesions Using Chromosomal Microarray, platform, American Society of Dermatopathology (ASDP), October, 2015.
- Fluoroscopy-Induced Radiation Dermatitis, Poster, American Society of Dermatopathology (ASDP), October, 2015.
- Prognostic significance of rare intraparenchymal immunohistochemical positive cells in sentinel lymph nodes from melanoma patients, Platform, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) Annual Meeting, Boston, Massachusetts, March, 2015
- Atypical apocrine tumor of anogenital mammary-like glands presenting in Cowden syndrome: A novel association?, International Society of Dermatopathology (ISDP) Annual Meeting, San Francisco, California, March, 2015
- Collagenous Gastritis: An uncommon cause of abdominal pain, Poster, American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, October, 2014
- Hoyt BS, Hedayat A, LeBlanc RE, Glass JS. Painful violaceous nodule with peripheral hyperpigmentation. Cutis. 2018 Apr;101(4):E6-E8. PMID: 29763487
- Epidermotropic Presentation by Splenic B-cell Lymphoma: The Importance of Clinical-Pathologic Correlation. Hedayat AA, Carter JB, Lansigan F, LeBlanc RE. J Cutan Pathol. 2018 Jan 26. PMID: 29377231
- Hedayat AA, Linos K, Jung HS, Tafe LJ, Yan S, LeBlanc RE, Lefferts JA. Evaluating melanocytic lesions with single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) chromosomal microarray. Exp Mol Pathol. 2017 Dec;103(3):279-287. PMID: 29169801
- Hedayat AA, Collins LK, Wimmer DB, Guill MA, Seidel GD. Painful Firm Plaque on the Midback of a 53-Year-Old Woman. Am J Dermatopathol. 2017 Mar 17.
- Association of IgG4 response and autoimmune pancreatitis with intraductal papillary-mucinous neoplasms. Hedayat AA, Lisovsky M, Suriawinata AA, Longnecker DS. Pancreatology. 2017 Feb 8. pii: S1424-3903(17)30029-7. PMID: 28215485
- Hedayatt AA, Yan S, Tsongalis GJ. Chapter 25: Molecular Pathology and Testing in Melanocytic Tumors. In: Diagnostic Molecular Pathology. First Edition, William Coleman, Gregory Tsongalis, editors. Philadelphia, PA. November, 2016.
- Olson NJ, Robert D, Hedayat AA, Liu X, Ornstein DL. Fatal hemorrhage due to a spontaneous factor V inhibitor with lupus anticoagulant properties. Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis. 2016 Sep 24. PMID: 27676645
- Hedayat AA, Pettus JR, Marotti JD, Tafe LJ, Holubar SD, Lisovsky M. Proliferative lesion of anogenital mammary-like glands in the setting of cowden syndrome: Case report and review of the literature. J Cutan Pathol. 2016 Apr 19. PMID: 27090873
- Hedayat AA. Laboratory Medicine for Medical Students, First Edition. St. George’s University, School of Medicine. Great River, NY. Published 2014.
Why I enjoy the pathology program at DHMC
I enjoy the stimulating, collegial and friendly atmosphere between the attending, residents and the support staff.
Amin is a classically trained vocalist. He also enjoys cycling, camping, swimming and running.
- How to Apply
- About the Program
- Our Residents
- Contact Us