Following the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP), the program submits a request for residency appointment to the Graduate Medical Education office. A written letter of agreement outlining the terms and conditions of appointment to the residency program is mailed to the new resident with new employment forms by GME.
The ability to be accepted and appointed for training is contingent upon the applicant meeting the following appointment requirements:
- Consent to a criminal background check.
- Submit to a pre‐employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Meet eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a training license in the State of New Hampshire.
- Supply proof of ECFMG certification (Foreign medical graduates only).
- Non‐citizens must have Permanent Resident Status, current Employment Authorization Card or be eligible to obtain an appropriate visa no later than the date of hire.
- Submit proof of successful graduation from medical school.
- Updated USMLE/COMLEX results, if applicable.
- Sign a D-H GME Agreement of Appointment / Employment Contract.
- Submit to health examination and supplementary test(s), which includes tests for drug and/or alcohol abuse, and receive the required immunizations in compliance with the sponsored program hospital’s policy and all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. It must be determined that the applicant is in sufficient physical and mental condition to perform the essential functions of appointment. The results of all examinations shall be provided to the Hospital’s Employee Occupational Health Services.
- Successful passage of Institutional Net Learning Modules required for employment.
- Attend GME Orientation (dates determined annually)
- Attend Pathology Orientation (usually begins June 26)