Practice-Based Learning and Improvement
The physician fellow will demonstrate increasing, graduated expertise and competence in the appropriate skills for obtaining and evaluating up-to-date medical information. This includes incorporation of recent literature and the use of medical libraries and databases into practice.
Specific learning goals include:
- The ability to consistently identify and acknowledge gaps in personal knowledge and skills in the evaluation of patients, with the goal of continuous improvement in performance.
- The ability to locate, appraise, and assimilate evidence from scientific studies related to his/her patients' health problems: we expect our physician fellow to be actively engaged in obtaining and applying evidence to the care of his/her patient's problems.
- The ability to apply knowledge of study design and statistical methods to the appraisal of clinical studies and other information on diagnostic and therapeutic effectiveness.
- The ability to use information technology to manage information, access online medical information, and support self-education.
- Consistent attendance at the section's required teaching conferences.