Kristen N. Ruby, DO, MPH
- Transfusion Medicine Fellowship, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 2020-2021
- Anatomic & Clinical Pathology Residency, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH, 2016-2020
- Chief Resident 2019-2020
- DO: Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Erie, PA, 2016
- MPH: Columbia University, Mailman School of Public Health, New York, NY, 2012
Honors and Awards
- Association of Pathology Chairs (APC) Society of ’67 Scholars Travel Award, 2017
- College of Medicine Excellence in Research Award, LECOM, 2016
- 2nd Prize for Scientific Excellence, LECOM Research Day, 2013
- Joseph H. Graziano Award for Academic Excellence in Environmental Health Sciences, 2012
Why I Chose Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Dartmouth’s Transfusion Medicine Fellowship stands out in that it offers a well-rounded experience (therapeutic apheresis, stem cell collection and processing, immunohematology, massive transfusions, convalescent plasma collection and an in-house blood donor program) in a hospital providing top-level care, with a Level One Trauma Center, all in a rural setting. This program teaches about optimizing resources in a remote location, and provides opportunities to explore all aspects of Transfusion Medicine. But really, the best part is having the privilege to work closely with leaders in the field of Transfusion Medicine and all the talented and dedicated health professionals that care so deeply for their patients. The faculty and staff at DHMC are committed to creating and maintaining a positive, collaborative, and efficient learning environment, which they demonstrate through plenty of didactic sessions and teaching endeavors. To top it off, DHMC is a beautiful place to work (lots of windows and natural light), and is surrounded by exquisite woods and mountains where I can enjoy the outdoors during free time.
Kristen loves the outdoors, and particularly enjoys camping, hiking, kayaking, and gardening. Kristen is a New York native, but now lives in New Hampshire with her husband, two kids, dog and two cats. Kristen loves spending time with her family and greatly enjoys being married to a chef!