Residents are required to attend the weekly GU Conferences and Radiology Conference, which start at 7:00 am and 8:00 am sharp. The Concord resident will attend the Wednesday morning conferences.
M&M - held monthly
- Residents will track M&Ms and compile a list each month. Ideally the resident involved with the case should present the case and a brief discussion of how the M&M could have been avoided. Every M&M should be listed on a separate M&M sheet and the discussion portion of the sheet filled out after the conference. All of the sheets for the month are then submitted to the residency coordinator.
- The chief resident at Dartmouth-Hitchcock will assign one resident to present a short talk on a specific M&M each month.
- Chief residents are responsible for ensuring that there are adequate cases to present each week. There should be at least one case presented weekly from the VA.
- The first Thursday of the month is Pedi. Resident on the Pedi Service is responsible to pick and present cases.
- Cases are submitted to the radiology resident in advance.
- Please remember to present a mix of cases and present to the intern, junior radiology residents, medical students, etc.
Urodynamic Conference - held monthly
Tumor Board - held weekly
- Residents should attend.
Journal Club - held monthly
- Residents should have reviewed all assigned articles.
- Submit your articles to the residency coordinator on time.
- Articles are selected from the Journal of Urology as well as other journals with pertinent articles selected and presented by residents with faculty guidance.
Combined GYN/Uro Conference - fifth Wednesday of the month
- The resident on Dr. Gormley's service will be assigned a topic and will be asked to discuss a suitable case. Please discuss the cases with Dr. Gormley one week prior to the conference.
The Section of Urology traditionally hosts a visiting professor each year. The urology residents are expected to prepare and present cases of interest. Cases must be discussed with the appropriate attending prior to presentation. The urology residents are expected to attend dinner with the visiting professor on one evening during his/her visit.
- How to Apply
- Our Program
- Our Residents
- Visiting Student Rotations
- Contact Us