Residents routinely present their research at specialty and subspecialty meetings throughout the academic year. Many have earned national and regional recognition for their work in basic science, clinical, and socioeconomic research, as well as in public health, health policy, and advocacy. Below is a sample of residents’ recent accomplishments and publications.
- 2018 American Urological Association annual meeting (three residents presenting six papers)
- 2018 Society of Urodynamics, Female Pelvic Medicine & Urogenital Reconstruction winter meeting (two residents presenting four papers)
- 2017 New England Section of the American Urological Association annual meeting (four residents presenting 10 papers)
- 2017 American Urological Association annual meeting (six residents presenting 14 papers)
- 2016 New England Section of the American Urological Association annual meeting (five residents presenting 11 papers)
- 2016 American Urological Association annual meeting (six residents presenting 10 papers)
Awards and Recognition
- 2018 AUA Chief Resident Debate Grand Prize (Annah J. Vollstedt)
- 2017 Max K. Willscher Resident Research Prize, New England Section of the American Urological Association (Lael S. Reinstatler)
- Reinstatler LS, Shee K, Gross MS. Pain management in penile prosthetic surgery: A review of the literature. Sex Med Rev. 2018;6(1):162–169.
- Vollstedt A, Hyams E. Extent of lymphadenectomy at time of prostatectomy: An evidence-based approach. Urol Clin North Am. 2017;44(4):587–595.
- Raffin E, Onega T, Bynum J, Austin A, Carmichael D, Bronner K, Goodney P, Hyams ES. Are there regional tendencies toward controversial screening practices? A study of prostate and breast cancer screening in a Medicare population. Cancer Epidemiol. 2017;50:68–75.
- Vollstedt A, Gross MS, Antonini G, Perito PE. The infrapubic surgical approach for inflatable penile prosthesis placement. Transl Androl Urol. 2017;6(4):620–627.
- Reinstatler LS, Rissman C, Seigne JD, Hyams ES. Secular trends in prostate biopsy criteria and outcomes: The Dartmouth experience. Urology. 107:178–183.
- Reinstatler LS, Khaleel S, Pais VM Jr. Association of pregnancy with stone formation among US women: A National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey analysis 2007-2012. J Urol. 2017;198(2):389–393.
- Raffin EP, Tundo GN, Schroeck FR. Pneumoscrotum with extensive penile and abdominal subcutaneous emphysema: A case report of uncertain etiology. Urol Case Rep. 2017;11:50–52.