Accredited residency and fellowship programs at Dartmouth-Hitchcock (D-H) are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), and applicants to our programs must meet ACGME eligibility requirements. We also follow ACGME guidelines for the selection process.
Please review our eligibility requirements and selection process policy below.
- D-H Graduate Medical Education (GME) Residency and Fellowship Eligibility Requirements
- D-H GME Residency and Fellowship Selection Process
It is required that all resident and fellow physicians at D-H obtain a New Hampshire Training License before beginning training. In order to be eligible for a training license, the New Hampshire Board of Medicine requires that you demonstrate:
- Passing scores on one of the following sets of examinations:
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 1 and Step 2 CK, CS
- Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX) Level 1 and 2 CE, PE
- National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) Parts 1 and 2
- Federation Licensing Examination (FLEX) Parts I and II
- National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners (NBOE) Parts I and II
- The Medical Council of Canada Examination (LMCC)
- Certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), if you are a foreign medical graduate