We guide and educate physicians as they develop the skills and expertise to provide safe, high-value patient care through professional, ethical, and compassionate behavior.
Refer to the following sections to learn more about us:
- The Dartmouth Health system
- The Graduate Medical Education Office at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
- Residency and Fellowship Programs
- Graduate Medical Education home page
The Dartmouth Health system
Dartmouth Health is New Hampshire's only academic health system and the state's largest private employer, serving a population of 1.9 million across northern New England. Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Clinics provides access to more than 1,800 providers in almost every area of medicine, delivering care at its flagship hospital, Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center is located in Lebanon, New Hampshire at the central western border of New Hampshire, adjacent to Vermont. We see patients from New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, New York, and Maine. Dartmouth Health has a network of member hospitals and clinics.
Learn more about Dartmouth Health
The Graduate Medical Education Office at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
The Graduate Medical Education (GME) Office oversees all accredited residency and fellowship programs at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, ensuring that they either meet or exceed the standards of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). Additionally, we provide support and resources to our residents and fellows throughout their training.
What does the GME Office do and how can we help?
Administration and accreditation
- Maintain and update policies pertinent to Graduate Medical Education
- Oversee program and institutional accreditation standards for ACGME
- Organize new trainee orientation and onboarding
- Visa and New Hampshire training licensure assistance
- Inbound and outbound resident rotator processing
- Notary services
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness form completion
- Financial Fitness Advisor meetings
- Resident Support Services (coaching, academic counseling, employee assistance program)
- Verification of training
We are here for you. Please use our staff as a resource for questions pertaining to your training and/or graduate medical education.
If you are in Lebanon looking at our programs, please drop by and meet us. We are on the fifth level above the main mall in the Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center complex. Map to Level 5.