We guide and educate physicians as they develop the skills and expertise to provide safe, high value patient care through professional, ethical, and compassionate behavior.
Refer to the following sections to learn more about us:
- The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health system
- The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Graduate Medical Education Office
- Residency and Fellowship Programs
- Graduate Medical Education Home Page
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health system
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health (D-HH) is New Hampshire's only academic health system and the state's largest private employer, serving a population of 1.9 million across northern New England. D-H provides access to more than 1,800 providers in almost every area of medicine, delivering care at its flagship hospital, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (DHMC).
DHMC is located in Lebanon, NH, at the central western border of New Hampshire, adjacent to Vermont. We see patients from New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, New York and Maine. Dartmouth-Hitchcock Health has a network of member hospitals and clinics.
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Graduate Medical Education Office
The Graduate Medical Education (GME) Office oversees all accredited residency and fellowship programs at Dartmouth-Hitchcock, ensuring that they either meet or exceed the standards of the ACGME. Additionally, we provide support and resources to our residents and fellows throughout their training.
What does the GME Office do and how can we help?
Administration and accreditation
- Maintain and update policies pertinent to Graduate Medical Education
- Oversee program and institutional accreditation (ACGME)
- Organize new trainee orientation and onboarding
- Visa and NH training licensure assistance
- Inbound and outbound resident rotator processing
- Notary Services
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness form completion
- Financial Fitness Advisor Meetings
- Resident Support Services (coaching, academic counseling, employee assistance program)
- Verification of Training
We are here for you. Please use our staff as a resource for questions pertaining to your training and/or graduate medical education.
If you are in Lebanon looking at our programs, please drop by and meet us. We are on the fifth level above the main mall in the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center complex. Map to Level 5.
See also the following sections: