- Interview day overview
- Flying to Lebanon
- Getting to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center the morning of your interview
- About the program
- Policies and agreement
- Life in the Upper Valley
- Contact information
We appreciate the time and expense required to visit programs and we are happy you have accepted our invitation to interview. On your interview day you will learn the details of how the program is structured, you will get a sense of the positive learning environment we have here, and you will have the opportunity to share your particular interests and goals with us. We look forward to meeting you!
The fellowship program interviews days typically start at 9:00 a.m., and ends between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. You can expect to meet with Dr. Zbigniew Szczepiorkowski, Program Director, and have a tour of the laboratory during your interview. The program coordinator will email your interview schedule to you approximately one week before your interview day.
The Department of Pathology is a fragrance-free department. Please refrain from wearing any perfume, cologne, or scented body spray on your interview day.
Your interview will be at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, New Hampshire, 03756.
Below are the closest airports:
- Manchester-Boston Regional Airport (MHT) is about 75 minutes away by car and offers many direct and connecting flights on most of the major airlines. To get to Lebanon from the Manchester Airport, there is limited bus service or your choice of several major rental car companies. Please see the airport’s website for ground transportation details.
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) is about 2½ hour drive by car. Boston’s Logan Airport will give you the most flight options. The Dartmouth Coach is a bus service that runs between Boston's Logan Airport and Hanover, New Hampshire. The coach stop in Hanover is within walking distance to The Hanover Inn, and accessible by Advance Transit shuttle Monday-Friday, or by taxi, to the Residence Inn hotel.
- Burlington International Airport (BVT) is approximately 1½ hours away by car and offers slightly fewer direct and connecting flights than Manchester. There is no bus service to Lebanon however there are many car rental agencies at the airport. Please see the airport’s website for ground transportation details.
- Lebanon Municipal Airport (LEB) is a small airport in Lebanon served by Cape Air. Because of their smaller planes, flights are more susceptible to poor weather. There are two car rental agencies at the airport.
The fellowship program will make a reservation for you for the night before your interview and will cover the cost of your room and one day of parking. You may book additional nights directly with the hotel at your expense.
The program coordinator will email your interview schedule and detailed instructions for getting from your hotel to DHMC to you approximately one week before your interview.
- Sample Fellow Schedule (PDF)
- Transfusion Medicine Description (PDF)
- Policy Transfusion Medicine Eligibility & Selection (PDF)
The ACGME requires that each applicant to an accredited fellowship program be provided with the institutional policies regarding eligibility requirements and selection process along with a sample copy of the current resident/fellow agreement of appointment in force during interview season.
Please familiarize yourself with each of the policy documents linked below. At the end of interview day, you will be asked to sign off indicating you received a copy of these policies. Your signature is a requirement for us to offer you a position at DHMC.
- MHMH GME Accredited Residency Eligibility Requirements
- Selection Process for MHMH GME Accredited Residency and Fellowship Programs
- Agreement of Appointment
- Visa Policy and ECFMG Certification Policy
- Stipends and Benefits
Upper Valley is the name for the geographical area on either side of the Connecticut River in central New Hampshire and Vermont. If you plan on spending extra time in the Upper Valley as part of your interview, or wonder what people who live here do for fun, learn more about life in Lebanon and Hanover.
Pathology Fellowships Program Coordinator
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
If there is anything I can do to make planning your visit easier, please don't hesitate to contact me. I look forward to meeting you!