We participate in the application process through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) and the annual match each spring through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). The application deadline is December 9; however, it is strongly recommended that candidates submit the application early. We offer 2 positions per year at the PGY-5 level.
Applicants are selected for an interview based on academic performance, accomplishments, intelligence, motivation, interpersonal skill, and character.
Currently we interview virtually, via WebEx, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We have two one-year positions available each year.
ERAS Application, which should include:
- A minimum of 3 letters of recommendation, 1 of which must be from your current residency program director
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (the ERAS-generated CV is acceptable)
- Personal statement
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) scores
- Extracurricular interests
- Medical school transcript
- Dean’s letter/MSRP
Match communication code of conduct
We follow the NRMP guidelines for the Match process. We will not contact you but are happy to hear from you and answer questions you may have that are not answered during the application and interview process.
Benefits and policies
- Graduate Medical Education (GME) benefits information may be found on the Resident/Fellow Benefits page.
- Please review the following GME policies prior to your interview:
Diversity and inclusion
Our program strongly supports and promotes the Graduate Medical Education (GME) and Dartmouth Health missions on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
Please see the following links for additional information: