Fellowships begin the second Monday in July of each year. We participate in the all–in National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) Nephrology subspecialty match. We accept applications on an individual basis after the match day.
- We generally have two fellowship openings each year in our section.
- We accept applications from July through October through Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
- For 2023 positions (recruiting fall 2022), we will be holding interviews virtually in October. After receipt of all required documentation, qualified candidates will be invited for an interview via ERAS scheduler. The interview will include the opportunity to attend an introduction with the program director, an educational session and personal interviews with faculty members.
- Applications must be submitted through ERAS.
- We participate in the Nephrology Fellowship Match through NRMP.
- Nephrology Fellowship candidates must be graduates of a Liason Committee on Medical Education (LCME)-accredited medical school, have completed an accredited internal medicine residency, and be board-eligible in internal medicine per American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) guidelines.
- Non-US citizens must have a currently valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) to be eligible for application to a GME-accredited clinical training program.
- You must be board-eligible in Internal Medicine.
- We do not have a USMLE score requirement but you must have passed the exam.
Your application must include:
- ERAS standard application
- A personal statement
- Medical school dean's letter
- Medical school transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Valid Standard ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
- Proof you passed USMLE or COMLEX Steps 1 and 2
Benefits and policies
For an overview of benefits available to residents, please visit the Residents and Fellows Benefits page.
The Residents and Fellows Policy and Procedure Manual outlines all basic institutional regulations governing residency and fellowship positions within Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and is considered part of the Resident/Fellow Agreement of Appointment.
Please read the following important GME policies before your interview: