Please include with your Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) application:
- Curriculum vitae (ERAS format is acceptable)
- Medical school transcript
- Letter from the dean of your medical school
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation, including one from your residency program director
- Personal statement
- Official record of board scores (United States Medical Licensing Examination [USMLE] or Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination [COMLEX] results)
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to gender, ethnic background, religious affiliation or marital status.
Each year we will accept applications from August 1st through September 30th.
We accept applications only through ERAS. We no longer accept paper applications.
In alignment with the Association of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Program Directors (APCCMPD), our national professional society, and to ensure a uniform interview process that is equitable to all applicants, our fellowship interviews will be held exclusively virtually. We will offer in-person site visits, but only after our rank list has been certified.
Diversity and inclusion
Our program strongly supports and promotes the Graduate Medical Education (GME) and Dartmouth Health missions on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
Please see the following links for additional information: