- November 1, 2021
- You can apply through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
- November 19, 2021
- December 10, 2021
- December 17, 2021
- January 7, 2022
- Our 5-year program includes 4 categorical positions per PGY level, 6 preliminary intern positions, and 1 or 2 PGY-2 preliminary positions.
- Dean's letter
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certification, if applicable
- Personal statement
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 1 scores
- 3 letters of recommendation
Documents and links
- American Board of Surgery Training Requirements
- Directions to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center level 4 map (PDF)
- Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center parking map (PDF)
- Graduate Medical Education (GME) website
- Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital (MHMH) GME Accredited Residency Eligibility Requirements
- Sample candidate schedule (PDF)
- Sample Resident Agreement of Appointment (PDF)
- Selection Process for MHMH GME Accredited Residency and Fellowship Programs
- Travel and lodging information (PDF)
- Visa Policy and ECFMG Certification Policy
If you have questions or concerns, please email Amy Davis, General Surgery Residency Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to meeting you in the near future.
Diversity and inclusion
We understand that diversity fosters innovation and creates a welcoming and inclusive environment for our patients, colleagues, and communities.
Graduate Medical Education at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center is committed to recruiting underrepresented minorities and physicians with diverse backgrounds to our residency and fellowship programs.