To be eligible for the program, you must have completed three years of accredited postgraduate education in Internal Medicine.
Please include with your Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) application:
- Curriculum vitae (ERAS format is acceptable)
- Medical school transcript
- Letter from the dean of your medical school
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation, including one from your residency program director
- Personal statement
- Official record of board scores (USMLE or COMLEX results)
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to gender, ethnic background, religious affiliation or marital status.
- We have 2 three-year positions available each year. In order to minimize the stress associated with moving to a new location, the pulmonary & critical care medicine fellowship begins the second week in July.
- We will accept applications from August through September each year.
- We accept applications only through ERAS.
In alignment with the Association of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Program Directors (APCCMPD), our national professional society, and to ensure a uniform interview process equitable to all applicants, our fellowship interviews for applicants in 2023-2024 will be held exclusively virtually. We will not offer in-person site visits. View the full APCCMPD recommendation (PDF).
Diversity and inclusion
Our program strongly supports and promotes the Graduate Medical Education (GME) and Dartmouth Health missions on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
Please see the following links for additional information: