Thank you for your interest in the Adult Psychiatry Residency Program at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. Applications for PGY-1 positions will be accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) beginning September 6, 2023 for the 2024 National Residents Matching Program (NRMP) Match. In order to receive full consideration, all applications should be received no later than November 1, 2023.
In order to apply you will need the following:
- Completed ERAS application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Medical school dean’s letter
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) scores – We do not have a minimum score requirement.
Given the large volume of applications that we receive, we encourage you to add a paragraph to your personal statement letting us know why you are interested in our program in particular. This is optional but helps us identify applicants who may be a good fit for our program.
In an attempt to help alleviate stress associated with the recruitment process, we will release interview invites on Mondays and Wednesdays at 2 pm throughout the interview season. Invites outside of these windows will only be released in rare instances when a last minute interview slot opens up due to a cancellation.
Our program will be collecting and reviewing information from applicant’ supplemental applications. There is no cost to applicants to use the supplemental application and participation is optional.
Learn more about the AAMC supplemental ERAS application.
International Medical School Graduates
If you are an international medical school graduate, please refer to the below for common questions from IMG’s:
- Do you accept IMG's? Yes
- Do you have any IMG’s currently in your program? No
- Do I need a valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates Certification (ECFMG) certificate at the time of application? Yes
- Do you sponsor visas? Yes, J1 Visas only.
- Do you require U.S. clinical experience? No, but it is preferred.
- Do you have a minimum USMLE score requirement? No, please see above.
- Do you have a graduation year cut-off? No.
- Do you offer externships? No, unfortunately, our department cannot accommodate any observerships or externships at this time.
Thank you and best wishes in the upcoming recruitment season!