Thank you for your interest in the Adult Psychiatry Residency Program at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center. Applications for PGY-1 positions will be accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) beginning September 7, 2022 for the 2023 National Residents Matching Program (NRMP) Match. In order to receive full consideration, all applications should be received no later than November 1, 2022.
In order to apply you will need the following:
- Completed ERAS application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Medical school dean’s letter
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation
- United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) scores – We do not have a minimum score requirement.
Given the large volume of applications that we receive, we encourage you to add a paragraph to your personal statement letting us know why you are interested in our program in particular. This is optional but helps us identify applicants who may be a good fit for our program.
Supplemental ERAS Application
For the 2023 ERAS cycle, our program will also be collecting and reviewing data from applicants’ supplemental ERAS applications. There is no cost to applicants and participation is optional.
The supplemental ERAS application provides:
- geographic preferences (by division and by urban or rural setting);
- information about an applicant’s most meaningful experiences and other impactful life events, if applicable; and
- program signals.
The supplemental ERAS application will be delivered on a survey platform that is separate from the MyERAS application and must be completed between August 1 and September 16, 2022.
Learn more about the AAMC supplemental ERAS application.
International Medical School Graduates
If you are an international medical school graduate, please refer to the below for common questions from IMG’s:
- Do you accept IMG's? Yes
- Do you have any IMG’s currently in your program? No
- Do I need a valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates Certification (ECFMG) certificate at the time of application? Yes
- Do you sponsor visas? Yes, J1 Visas only.
- Do you require U.S. clinical experience? No, but it is preferred.
- Do you have a minimum USMLE score requirement? No, please see above.
- Do you have a graduation year cut-off? No.
- Do you offer externships? No, unfortunately, our department cannot accommodate any observerships or externships at this time.
Thank you and best wishes in the upcoming recruitment season!