For the 2024 Electronic Residency Application Service® (ERAS) cycle, our program will be collecting and reviewing data from applicants’ 2024 MyERAS application. We will again be participating in Program Signaling. We accept applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service. We do not accept any paper applications.
Learn more about the 2024 MyERAS application
Our interview season is early November to January. A personal interview is a required part of the application process and are conducted remotely using the WebEx platform. During the interview, applicants will have the opportunity to meet with faculty, residents, and the program director.
We have 6 positions available each year. The residency begins on June 26 with GME orientation a week prior.
- ERAS application, which should include:
- A Department of Emergency Medicine recommendation letter (at least 2 SLOEs) and 2 additional letters of recommendation
- Dean's letter
- Curriculum vitae(CV), the ERAS-generated CV is acceptable
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- USMLE/COMLEX Examinations: Applicants must have passed Steps 1, 2 (Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills) of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (“USMLE”) or COMLEX equivalent
- Note: A photograph is not required for application
We anticipate receiving over 600 applications. Initial invitations go out by mid-October. Additional invitations are released throughout the season as spots become available.
Dartmouth Emergency Medicine participates in the National Residency Matching Program.