For the 2023 Electronic Residency Application Service® (ERAS) cycle, our program will be collecting and reviewing data from applicants’ supplemental ERAS applications. Completion of the standard MyERAS application is a requirement; completion of the supplemental ERAS application is optional.
In its second year of use, the supplemental ERAS application is designed to help applicants share more information about themselves and assist our program in finding applicants that fit our program’s setting and mission. There is no cost to applicants and participation is optional.
Our program will ONLY participate in the PROGRAM SIGNALS component of the supplemental application.
The supplemental ERAS application will be delivered on a survey platform that is separate from the MyERAS application and must be completed between August 1 and September 16, 2022.
Learn more about the AAMC supplemental ERAS application.
We accept applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service. We do not accept any paper applications.
Our interview season is early November to January. A personal interview is a required part of the application process and are conducted remotely using the WebEx platform. During the interview, applicants will have the opportunity to meet with faculty, residents, and the program director.
We have 6 positions available each year. The residency begins on June 26 with GME orientation a week prior.
- ERAS application, which should include:
- A Department of Emergency Medicine recommendation letter (at least 1 SLOE) Two additional letters of recommendation
- Dean's letter
- Curriculum vitae(CV), the ERAS-generated CV is acceptable
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- USMLE/COMLEX Examinations: Applicants must have passed Steps 1, 2 (Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills) of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (“USMLE”) or COMLEX equivalent
- Note: A photograph is not required for application
We anticipate receiving over 600 applications. Invitations will be sent out on a rolling basis throughout the interview season. Our first invitations go out by mid-October.
Dartmouth Emergency Medicine participates in the National Residency Matching Program.