We accept applications only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We do not accept any paper applications.
Our interview season occurs late October through January. A personal interview is a required part of the application process. During the interview visit, applicants will have the opportunity to meet with faculty, residents and the program director.
We have 6 positions available each year. The residency begins on June 26 with GME orientation a week prior.
- ERAS application, which should include:
- A Department of Emergency Medicine recommendation letter (at least 1 SLOE) Two additional letters of recommendation
- Dean's letter
- Curriculum vitae(CV), the ERAS-generated CV is acceptable
- Medical school transcript
- Personal statement
- USMLE/COMLEX Examinations: Applicants must have passed Steps 1, 2 (Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills) of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (“USMLE”) or COMLEX equivalent
- Note: A photograph is not required for application
We anticipate receiving approximately 500 applications. Invitations will be sent out on a rolling basis throughout the interview season. Our first invitations go out by mid-October.
Dartmouth Emergency Medicine participates in the National Residency Matching Program.