We are committed to the wellness of our residents.
Emergency residency program benefits
In addition to the standard benefits offered by GME, our program offers:
- Holiday time off over Christmas or New Year’s
- Resident centric scheduling, maximizing vacation preferences
- Resident Retreat: Annual off-site overnight retreat offers the opportunity for residents to spend time together in a non-clinical setting. Recent locations have included Ragged Mountain and the Dartmouth Skiway. Residents are released from all clinical obligations for at least 24 hours.
The program covers expenses for resident attendance at a variety of conferences.
- American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) Scientific Assembly (PGY-3)
- Center for Rural Emergency Services and Trauma Annual Symposium at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (all residents) – Annual conference that focuses on practical skills and clinical skills for emergency care providers with the goal of improving the care of rural patients.
- Managing Medical Emergencies at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (all residents) – Annual conference during which internal and regional EM faculty present cutting-edge topics and cases relevant to EM practice.
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM) New England Regional Meeting (PGY-2)
- The Difficult Airway course (PGY-2)
- The program will support resident presentation at additional conferences to present research or other projects as opportunities arise.
- Vermont Emergency Medicine Update, Stowe, VT (PGY-1)
- Board review support including ROSH Review access
- Laptops for resident use
- Monthly social gatherings organized by EM Chief Residents